Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kemberlee Shortland: The Irish Pride Series

A warm welcome to contemporary romance author Kemberlee Shortland, visiting The Plain today to show off the newly designed covers for her wonderful Irish Pride series. All three books are set for an April 2014 release and will be available from most eBook sellers. Until then, we'll have to settle for Kemberlee's enticing Blurbs, deliciously posted below with links for longer Excerpts.
* * * * *

Blurb from Rhythm of My Heart - Irish Pride Series Book One:
Artist Representative, Eilis Kennedy, gave up a singing career so that other women could have a fair chance at having their music heard. Having suffered rejection from callous men in the industry, she thought she would get away from ‘casting couch’ mentality. But when she finds herself in the office of Fergus Manley, all bets are off. Disgusted by his continual come-ons and lewd invitations, Eilis is looking for ‘the one’ who will take her career to the next level, getting out from under Fergus’s controlling thumb.

Aspiring blues guitarist, Kieran Vaughan, is looking for his big break. But after suffering near bankruptcy at the hands of an unscrupulous business partner, Kieran is left picking up the pieces. He’s unsure if the debts will ever be paid or if he’ll ever have a chance to do something with his music. At his whit’s end, he’s about ready to throw in the towel and find a full-time job with real hours.

When Eilis discovers Kieran playing in a seedy pub in Dublin’s Northside, she knows he’s the one rare talent she’s been searching for. With her know-how and his talent, Eilis will finally get everything she’s been waiting for. Neither of them count on the powerful attraction from first meeting. Eilis is so rocked by Keiran’s forthright words that it sends her running. Kieran risks being arrested as he chases Eilis across Ireland.

Seeing what’s happening between Eilis and Kieran, anger wells inside Fergus and he steps up his pursuit of Eilis. Refusing to let Kieran get in his way, Fergus vows to add Eilis’s notch to his bedpost, whatever it takes.

Will Kieran be able to protect her?
Read an Excerpt from Rhythm of My Heart Here
* * * * *
Blurb from A Piece of My Heart - Irish Pride Series Book Two:
Mick and Kate thought they were falling in love. Kate hadn't been just the girl next door. She'd been Mick's life, and he hers. When an unforeseen force draws them apart they're left with wounds that refuse to heal. Now, ten years on, Mick's father's will should have been straightforward, except his addendum was like ice water in Mick's face.

It's essential that Mick and Kate work together to save his family's farm. Mick doesn't count on his new manager being accused of murder, and Kate doesn't expect a dangerously seductive woman from Dublin to claim Mick is the father of her child.

Kate thought she was falling in love with Mick all over again; however this newest revelation is too much for her. She is determined to finally say goodbye to her childhood sweetheart forever, but Mick has other plans for Kate's future. And none of them involve goodbye.
Read an Excerpt from A Piece of My Heart Here
* * * * *
Blurb from Shape of My Heart - Irish Pride Series Book Three:
Gráinne has moved back to Dublin to get her life straightened out. She dreams of college and a better life. She’s working for her brother, Kieran, in his newly reopened pub, The Blues Tavern, but the money isn’t enough to support herself and pay tuition. Moonlighting at The Klub! as an exotic dancer seems to be her answer fast money.

John ‘JD’ Desmond is a detective working undercover in the Blues Tavern. The Klub!, owned by Jimmy Malloy, is being used as a drug front, headed by the notorious Taylor Wade. JD had intended to get Gráinne to snitch for him, but when he falls in love with her, things get complicated.

When Gráinne witnesses Jimmy’s murder, she and JD are forced to go on the run until Wade can be apprehended. Wade lives up to his nickname, The Hunter, and JD and Gráinne quickly find themselves at the end of a gun and running for their lives.
Read an Excerpt from Shape of My Heart Here
* * * * *
About Kemberlee Shortland:
Kemberlee is a native Northern Californian who was raised in a community known as Steinbeck Country, home to author John Steinbeck, as well as Jack London, Robert Louis Stevenson, and others. With so much literary influence around her, it's not hard to see why Kemberlee fell in love with the printed word.

Sarah's Secret, Kemberlee's first novel, was the result of years of short story writing. It was completed, though unpublished, in 1989, and several other novels following as she learned the craft of writing and developing her voice.

Kemberlee began her professional writing career as a reviewer in 1995, publishing reviews with Compuserve Romance Reviews then What I'm Reading. She was a co-founder and charter member of RIO (Reviewers International Organization), chaired the RIO Award of Excellence awards, headed up the RIO newsletter and served two terms as RIO President. And she's published travel articles since 1998.

It was in 1997 while employed by Clint Eastwood that Kemberlee couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend six month in Ireland. While in Ireland, she met a man who eventually became her husband. Upon permanently relocating to Ireland, Kemberlee established an Irish travel consultancy and built a reputation as one of Ireland's foremost Irish travel experts.

Living in Ireland has allowed Kemberlee to study the country's torrid past and unique culture first hand, and she has even picked up a cúpla focal . . . a few Irish words.
Because of her knowledge of Ireland, Kemberlee has had the privilege of working as researcher and editor with some of the romance industry's top authors who have set their stories in Ireland.

In 2005, Kemberlee was invited to submit her short stories to Highland Press for the No Law Against Love charity anthology which was released in 2006. Those stories included Tutti-Frutti Blues (2006 RIO Award of Excellence Honorary Mention) and Dude Looks Like A Lady, both set in Kemberlee's hometown of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.

Following on the heels of NLAL, Kemberlee's love of Ireland has inspired a number of Irish set stories, including the short stories Moondance (2006 PEARL nominee) and The Power of Love.

In 2009, Kemberlee was invited again by Highland Press to, this time to submit a novel-length book. A Piece of My Heart was published in 2010, earning her the Coffee Time Romance Award. Constant Craving is the short story sequel to A Piece of My Heart, published with Tirgearr Publishing August 2010. Both of these stories are part of the Irish Pride series, all of which are set in Ireland. Rhythm of My Heart and Shape of My Heart complete the Irish Pride series.

Kemberlee's current work in progress is The Diary.
* * * * *
Rhythm of My Heart - eBook Available through Tirgearr Publishing
A Piece of My Heart - eBook Available through Tirgearr Publishing
Shape of My Heart - eBook Available Soon through Tirgearr Publishing






19 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today. It's always a joy visiting The Plain :-) If any of your readers have any questions, I'm here all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Kemberlee. Congrats on having this wonderful series complete!

      Delete
    2. If I ever find the time, there's a possible book four, maybe five, to the series. I've had emails from readers over the years asking for other stories, such as Will the vet from A Piece of My Heart and Megan from Rhythm of My Heart. And I know there's at least one spin-off from Shape of My Heart that could be made ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love visiting your blog, Pat. You have such entertaining guests.
    Kemberlee, I enjoyed your blurbs. Your novels have plenty of conflict to keep readers turning the pages. Congratulations on having three novels released this year. Such a prolific writer. There must be something in the Northern Californian water. It should be bottled. :) But lucky you, living in Ireland. I enjoyed my visit there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. Thanks for visiting.

      It's a little complicated, but book two -- A Piece of My Heart -- was actually published first a few years ago. I got my rights back and decided it was time the series needed to be published in the order it was meant to be told. Book one, Rhythm of My Heart had been out for about 18 months before it was pulled back. Now the three are being released in order, with the re-release of Rhythm of My Heart (7 April), then A Piece of My Heart (9 April), followed by Shape of My Heart (11 April) as a new release.

      All books will be available digitally and in print that same week. AND the digital books will be at a special sale price to celebrated. :-) It'll be an exciting week, for sure, which I'm hoping stretches well beyond.

      When did you visit Ireland? Do you have a favorite spot?

      Delete
    2. Always a pleasure to see you, Wendy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    3. Kemberlee, I visited Ireland in 2008 with my husband and granddaughter. I wish I'd know at the time where to look for the faeries. We loved Blarney castle (kissed the Blarney stone) and the beautiful grounds, and Dublin where we stayed in a hotel which was a former home to George Bernard Shaw.

      Delete
    4. In 2008, we were still in West Cork. So close to you in Blarney! I love the grounds of the castle. Never gone on kissing that old dirty rock, but I can see the attraction. Sort of ;-)

      The Harcourt Hotel is a lovely Georgian hotel. There are so few original buildings around from that era. At one time, the Dublin Corporation had many of them which had turned into slums torn down. So sad. They had amazing architecture.

      Six years . . . I'd say you need to make another visit soon.

      Delete
  3. Your Irish Pride series sounds like so much fun, Kem! I've never been to Ireland, so this is about as close as I'll get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful covers--they match the stories inside. I'll tweet this blog.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tweet, Char. I love these covers too. What's more amazing is that the guys on them are super nice!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, C. Margery! I've now got the names of the first four models on the first two books --

      Rhythm of My Heart is Harvey Gaudun-Stables and Ryan Natalino
      https://www.facebook.com/Harveystables
      https://www.facebook.com/rnatalino1

      A Piece of My Heart is Billy Freda and Kaleigh Saggito
      https://www.facebook.com/billy.freda.3
      https://www.facebook.com/kaleigh.sagitto

      Shape of My Heart uses stock photos, unfortunately, but that's an authentic pub in Dublin there on the bottom ;-)

      Delete
  6. I love these new covers for the Irish Pride series. They convey more of what the stories are about. And I've bought all three on my kindle.
    Great stories, well drawn characters set in my favourite place.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, You must have Constant Craving as part of the three you have. Shape of My Heart will be out in April, which is the third novel in the series. Constant Craving is a short story sequel to A Piece of My Heart and will now be included in that book as a free read :-)

      I'm glad you've enjoyed the series so far.

      Delete
  7. Kemberlee, thank you for being such a gracious guest. Best of luck to you and your Irish Pride Series. And a big thank you to everyone who stopped by to check out Kemberlee's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pat, for hosting me again. I always enjoy visiting with you.

      Delete