Wednesday, October 15, 2014

B.J. Scott: Her Highlander's Promise

A treat for lovers of Scottish romance! Historical romance author B.J. Scott returns to The Plain to share an exciting excerpt from her brand-new release, Her Highlander’s Promise, out today from Soul Mate Publishing. Welcome back, B.J.!

* * * * *
Do you believe in love at first sight? Can true love conquer all and triumph over evil? Find out in Her Highlander’s Promise.

Blurb:
Torn between honoring a deathbed promise to her father, a vow that could result in her demise, and being with the man she loves, Laurel MacClay must find a way to unravel a mystery from the past, secrets that could stop an abhorrent betrothal to her arrogant cousin and may even save her life.

Excerpt:
"Unhand her. Now. Least you find yourself on the receiving end of my blade," a man growled.

Callum released Laurel when a large hand clamped down on his shoulder, then whipped him around. "Wait your turn. I’ll be but a minute, then you can have her if you want."

"Time is up," the man snapped as he drew his sword.

Callum glanced to his friends for help, but when they both lowered their heads and backed away, he did the same. "I wasna going to hurt her," he spat, then turned and ran.

"Did they harm you in any way?" the man asked as he offered his hand to Isla, helping her to stand.

Isla brushed the leaves and dirt from her skirt and shook her head. "Nay, I’m fine. But I am grateful you came along when you did."

"So am I," Laurel said. "Thank you."

"As always, I’m at your service, Lady Laurel," he said and bowed, a lock of raven hair falling over his eyes.

Laurel’s heart skipped. While it had been eight summers, she’d recognize that mischievous smile and those expressive blue eyes anywhere. "Blair Cameron?"

His grin broadened. "I’m pleased to see you havena forgotten me. And if I might add, you are even lovelier than I remembered. Have you missed me?"

"Do you know this silver-tongued devil?" Isla asked.

"Aye. We met on the day I buried my da, but I havena seen or heard from him since." She straightened her shoulders and lifted her chin. She was grateful for his assistance, but refused to let him know how truly happy she was to see him. "I hope your father is well. And your brothers?" she queried in an attempt to change the subject.

"They are all hale and hardy. My brothers are taking part in the games, but my da decided not to attend the festival this year. And tell me, Laurel, how have you been?" He took her hand and brought it to his lips.

"Halt! Stand down and step away from the lady, or I will run you through!" Angus rounded the corner with his blade drawn. His face was contorted with anger as he ran toward them at full speed. "I heard there had been some trouble. If you’ve laid a hand to either one of these ladies, you’ll only live long enough to make your peace with the Lord."
* * * * *
About B.J. Scott:
With a passion for historical romance, history in general, and anything Celtic, there is always an exciting work in progress. Each story offers a blend of romance, adventure, suspense, and, where appropriate, a dab of comic relief. Carefully researched historical facts are woven into each manuscript, providing a backdrop from which romance, gripping plots, and vivid characters—dashing alpha heroes and resourceful, beguiling heroines you can’t help but admire—spring to life. A member of RWA, World Romance Writers, and Savvy Authors, B.J. also writes contemporary, paranormal, time travel, and romantic suspense.

C.S. Lewis first captivated B. J.’s imagination in the fourth grade, and her desire to write sprang from there. Following a career in nursing and child and youth work, B.J. married her knight-in-shining-armor, and he whisked her away to his castle by the sea. In reality, they share their century-old home in a small Canadian town on the shore of Lake Erie with three dogs and a cat. When she is not working at her childcare job, on her small business, or writing, you will find her reading, camping, or antique hunting.
* * * * *
Her Highlander’s Promise / eBook Available from

* * * * *
Check out B.J.’s Fraser Brother Trilogy, Available in Print and eBook:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing in my Release Day Celebrations Pat. I appreciate you having me on your blog and look forward to interacting with your guests and answering any questions that might pop up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, B.J. Congrats on the new release. It looks wonderful!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Pat A little different from my other three books but hope it will appeal to an even bigger audience because of that ;) So many books have the hero and heroine at odds for good part of the books, leaving us to wonder if they will ever find their HEA In my new book, the hero and heroine know from the start they are meant to be together and as young love blossoms, they are faced with many obstacles to hurtle and a protagonist bent on seeing them fail.

      Delete